Re: Ft 950 interface

Robb Zarges <RZarges@...>

Update.

Info one Ted the single to the rig and rebooted the computer and viola its working again.  

Thanks Scott for this incredible piece of software.

Thanks,

Robb Zarges, PhD
508-831-8248

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of Scott Davis via Groups.Io <SNKDavis@...>
Sent: Saturday, March 7, 2020 8:18:17 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Ft 950 interface

Hi Robb,

Thinking about this a bit more, your rig is responding to the request for frequency command.  

What specifically is not working?  What changes did you make immediately prior to the new behavior?

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sat, Mar 7, 2020 5:00 pm

Hmmm ok thanks Scott.  

Thanks,

Robb Zarges, PhD
508-831-8248

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of Scott Davis via Groups.Io <SNKDavis@...>
Sent: Saturday, March 7, 2020 1:19:52 PM

Hi Robb,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you have run into trouble.  I'm not familiar with the Yaesu 950 myself, but I have had lots of good reports.  Typically, when the software is receiving frequency from the rig, the rig will also respond to commands.  Since it is not, and since it was working and then stopped without changing the software, it is very likely that whatever is at play is external to the software.  It could be your rig settings, your cable or your com port driver.

I'm sorry I don't have more in the way of specifics to suggest.  Perhaps someone more familiar with the 950 will have some ideas for you.

Good luck! 

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sat, Mar 7, 2020 12:39 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Ft 950 interface

hello,
My FT 950 rig has stopped sending to the N3JFP software but receives info from the software.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Robb Zarges, PhD
508-831-8248

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.