Re: Satellites Names and eQSL

Alan Floyd

Thanks for that Scott. We are still missing some information though.

Satellite Modes in the Manual Log Entry dropdown

A = Uplink: 2m Downlink: 10m
AU = Uplink: 10m Downlink: 70cm
B = Uplink: 70cm Downlink: 2m
J = Uplink: 2m Downlink: 70cm
K = Uplink: 15m Downlink: 10m
L = Uplink: 23cm Downlink: 70cm
LU = Uplink: 23cm Downlink: 70cm
SX = Uplink: 13cm Downlink: 3cm
T = Uplink: 15m Downlink: 2m
UV = Uplink: 70cm Downlink: 2m
VU = Uplink: 2m Downlink: 70cm

In order to properly determine the uplink frequency band, the Satellite Mode (ADIF: SAT_MODE) should be provided. For instance, a Mode UV satellite QSO is done by transmitting in the 70cm band and receiving in the 2m band. The BAND information in your log (and in the uploaded ADIF record) should say "70cm". (Remember in ADIF crossband operation, the BAND is the transmission band, not the received band!) Don't confuse this with the communication MODE, which might be SSB or CW or FM, etc.

73, Alan