Re: Consolidating my many N3FJP POTA logs into one complete POTA log

Jim Shorney

Use two of the ACL "other" fields as SIG_INFO and MY_SIG_INFO. This is a best practice for activator logging and will help you keep things straight. MY_SIG_INFO will be the park reference number that you activated and SIG_INFO will be for the reference number of any park-to-park contacts. These fields are recommended as a fallback for POTA crediting of park-to-park contacts in the case of multiple contacts with a rover activator which would otherwise be rejected as dupes. Both of these fields may be placed on the main entry form for easy access as described on Scott's most excellent FAQ page.

These fields are in the ADIF spec as Special Interest Group fields and are used by POTA and WWFF, and maybe other programs.

73 & 44,

-Jim
NU0C

Zero District POTA Log Manager
http://www.parksontheair.com/
Zero and Seven Districts WWFF-KFF Log Manager
https://wwffkff.wordpress.com/

On Thu, 20 Feb 2020 15:44:22 -0800
"Peter AA2VG" <@PeterAA2VG> wrote:

Hi. Since I started POTA activations I have made a separate Log for each location. I do not want to mix these logs with my home AClog since the location of the station (POTA location) is different for each log and is not my home station.  I would also like to check if I have a specific call sign in any of my POTA logs. That is easy except I need to bring up every POTA log and check each one. Has anyone found a way to have just one complete POTA log? I would think I could make a log called complete POTA and import each of my separate logs into that complete log. That seems to work except for one problem. When I entered the paper logs into each separate N3FJP POTA it took the QRZ address information and put that info into the comments area. Now it seems that when I export and fill in the field " add optional comment for ever contact" the program will not add the comment (Like K-5239) if the comment field already has an address in it.

From this point on I assume I need to not have QRZ fill in the address info in order to create a complete POTA log but do I need to go back and delete the comments in all of my current logs to import them with the correct POTA number?

Any suggestions?
73
Tnx