Re: Consolidating my many N3FJP POTA logs into one complete POTA log

Mike Olbrisch

POTA = SOTA – pretty much the same thing.

I keep two logs.  One log is all of my activities in Europe, that’s portable DL, HB9, HB0, OE, OK, everything Europe.  The other log is all my activities in the USA.  Home and portable, it doesn’t matter, one big happy log.  And I can pull up a call sign from any contact dating ack to 1990.  I am just very fastidious about making certain I only upload to LoTW with the proper location selected.  With a little fore-thought, this is easy to do.  Once you get the hang of it, there’s nothing to it.  I’d be happy to point you in the right direction should you decide to go with the one log.

Alternately, you can have more than one log fine as you know.  So make one log containing everything, and open it when you need a global search.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

Mike – KD5KC -- El Paso -- Texas.