Re: Suggestions from a new user #contest

George Merkle

Thanks for the tip.  I've been spending all my time getting my antennas working and haven't had a chance to explore this.  Will do!  Looking forward to the next contest (even though my wife isn't, hihi).
George

On Monday, February 17, 2020, 12:34:14 PM CST, Scott Davis via Groups.Io <snkdavis@...> wrote:

Hi George,

Thanks for your e-mail, thoughts and suggestions.  You can connect your FT DX 3000 to my software, so that the software always knows which band you are on, as detailed here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/righelp.html

Thanks so much for your kind words on the software!

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Feb 17, 2020 1:30 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Suggestions from a new user #contest

Y'all, I'm new to this software but really liked it for this weekend's DX contest, I already have my log submitted (over 200 contacts), and that was really easy and quick.  I also exported a file which I imported to Excel to review, and that worked well also.  Working all bands 160-10, I found the software as easy to switch band logs as my FTDX3000.  Only 2 possible improvements I thought of.

First, when I switch between bands, I wish the sofware would preserve and populate the last Call Sign typed (for that band) so I don't have to retype it.  For instance, I was in a pileup on 20M for Alaska, and I would switch between that and a 15M pileup on another station.  Each time I would have to retype the last call into the software when switching.  I would think this would fairly easy to do.

The second "dream" enhancement would be if the software knew which band I was on, since I inadvertently (and sleep-deprived) logged a couple on the wrong band (one a dupe) before realizing the error of my ways.  (The EDIT feature made it possible to quickly correct the entries.)  I'm assuming there is a connection from the Yaseu rig that would make this possible.  For single operator - single band, it wouldn't matter, but I'm constantly switching between bands to make things more interesting!

George Merkle N0GM

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.