Re: Winter Field Day This Weekend - Please Use the Correct Program!

Scott Davis

Hi Phuil,

Thanks for your e-mail.  You will find detailed help for all of my software here (sorry no PDFs):

Winter Field Day works much like Field Day, which is explained in detail in this video here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q78

You'll need Internet to set up Super Check Partial to download the call signs to check, but once downloaded, you won't need Internet to use the feature.  Click Settings > Super Check Partial to enable, before you head out to the remote location.

Enjoy Winter Field Day!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Fri, Jan 24, 2020 4:52 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Winter Field Day This Weekend - Please Use the Correct Program!

Where do I find a PDF-style manual for WFD log?

Does the program know how to look up the prospective call sign to see if it's likely?  IE, that it's a known contester or that it has been seen at FD before?  If YES, then do I need Internet connectivity for anything?  All I am doing now is setting up an isolated WiFi AP so the laptops can talk together, but there won't be an Internet gateway too - is this a problem?

Phuil, AF6AV, in CA

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.