Re: NAQP Software issue #naqp #contest

Ken Bell

Hi Scott

I verified a few minutes ago that I had to click on the mini window or go to settings to get the keyer to work with function keys after losing and returning focus to N3FJP.  This was contrary to your note, but was obvious after having to do it many times yesterday.

BUT, I was following another issue discussing Com ports and was reminded that Windows requires a reboot quit often.  Mine hasn’t been rebooted in a week and I’ve added software, tinkered with settings, particularly com ports and drivers and data speeds, etc.

So…. I rebooted, and now the keyer works just fine without having to go to mini or the settings window.   8= ) 8=) 8=)

If it happens again, I know what to do.  AND, a checklist item will be added to reboot all systems on the Winter Field Day  network next week .

I’m renewing  my hate-hate relationship with Windows after a 10 year hiatus. Things like this is what drove me to a system costing 3x as much.

Thank you for all you do.

-ken

Sent from Mail for Windows 10