NAQP Software issue #naqp #contest

Ken Bell

Hi Guys

I'm a fairly new user of N3FJP and have started using it for all of my logging needs.  I ran for 8 hours yesterday on the NAQP CW and managed to rack up 210 contacts, which is fantastic for me.  The software really helped keep things flowing. The export of the Cabrillo log and export to LoTW and eqsl were SO much easier than my last logging program.  It took at least an hour off of my post contest duties.  BUT, and BIG BUT...  part way through the contest, the program stopped recording the frequency.

I found out after looking at my logs on LoTW this morning. In the NAQP software, frequency is not shown on the screen, so there is no way to know this real-time.   Looking at the exported log, for about 50 entries, there is no frequency. Then it started working again.

I know that frequency is not required for the contest, but if there is no frequency, how does it know the band?  I switched back and forth several times chasing new contacts when things got slow. The band stays on 40M through the portion with no frequency.

Anyone else experience this?

Best regards,

Ken - K4EES