Re: WSJT-X import for FT Roundup contest

Scott Davis

Hi James,

First try using a different browser.   

If that doesn't work, right click on the download link, click Save As and save the .exe to a location that is easy to find.  Then, using Windows Explorer, navigate to the .exe file that you just downloaded and double click it.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Dec 7, 2019 12:12 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] WSJT-X import for FT Roundup contest

Have you cleared your cache

On Sat, Dec 7, 2019 at 10:56 AM James AG5VE via Groups.Io <mcbride.jamesb=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Larry,

Yes I did.  I also deleted the files from the "downloads" folder.

James
AG5VE

On Saturday, December 7, 2019, 10:54:26 AM CST, Larry Banks via Groups.Io <larryb.w1dyj=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Hi James,

Did you first uninstall RTTY RU using Windows Control Panel?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Saturday, December 07, 2019 11:49

Scott,

I just uninstalled ARRL RTTY RU, deleted the .exe file from my downloads folder and rebooted the computer

Went to your website (http://www.n3fjp.com/rttyroundup.html) and downloaded the file at 10:45 CST.

Same result...  Ver 3.6 installed.

Is there another way I can get to the 3.7 file?

James
AG5VE

On Saturday, December 7, 2019, 10:02:27 AM CST, Scott Davis via Groups.Io <snkdavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi James,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Version 3.7 is currently on the web site (as of 8:18 AM EST this morning).  I just double checked to make sure and 3.7 installed properly from the site here.  If you downloaded after that, perhaps your browser installed a previously downloaded, cached version, so please give it another try.

Capture.JPG

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

From: James AG5VE via Groups.Io <mcbride.jamesb=yahoo.com@groups.io>
To: n3fjpsoftwareusers <n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io>; N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Dec 7, 2019 9:55 am

Scott,

I downloaded ARRL RTTY RU per the link below, but it still shows Ver 3.6 in the header.  Is this correct?  Please advise.

Thanks for a great suite of programs.

James
AG5VE

On Saturday, December 7, 2019, 07:41:26 AM CST, Scott Davis via Groups.Io <snkdavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Version 3.6 of my ARRL RTTY RU software was released prior to the ADIF committee defining their ADIF spec to use a mode / submode scheme to transfer FT4.  All of my software will address that in the next global release planned for January. 

Since ARRL RTTY RU wasn't designed with this weekend's contest in mind, I was planning to release version 3.7, along with the rest of the contest programs in a couple weeks, but your e-mail prompted me to go ahead and upload it now. 

I still recommend logging in real time via the API as detailed here:

That said, if you do decide to transfer via ADIF after the contest instead, with version 3.7, you won't lose the sub mode resolution. 

Please go ahead and give 3.7 a try and let me know how you make out.  You will find ARRL RTTY RU 3.7 here:

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Dec 7, 2019 1:05 am

FT4 is a submode of MFSK as defined in the ADIF spec. The current version ADIF Master has FT4 correctly listed as a submode of MFSK.

-Jim
NU0C

On Fri, 06 Dec 2019 19:26:42 -0800
"Steve Carter" <steve@...> wrote:

> I tried the practice sessions today for the FT Roundup contest t ( https://www.rttycontesting.com/ft8-roundup/rules/ ) omorrow.  The closest program to use for this program appears to be the N3FJP RTTY Roundup 3.6.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work well for real time logging with WSJT-X only because it won't parse the section from the WSJT-X output.  So I tried to import the ADIF file from WSJT-X, only to discover that the MODE for FT4 contacts shows up as MFSK.  Otherwise, it imports and scores the contest just fine.
>
> Unfortunately, ADIF Master also won't help because it only recognizes FT4 as a subset of FT8, and if you modify your entries in that program, you change them all to FT8.
>
> Is there any workaround to change the mode, or to get RTTY Roundup to correctly log the section?
>
> Thanks!  Steve, KØGUZ
>
>
>

--
Lou WA5LOU

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.