Re: Correcting LoTW Records

Larry Banks

You can always check the Queue [ http://www.arrl.org/logbook-queue-status ] to see how LoTW is doing, or the Status [ https://status.lotw.arrl.org/ ] to see if it is currently active.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2019 17:46
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Correcting LoTW Records

Pat;

As a general rule, at least through the winter months, Sundays and Mondays are probably the worst days to upload and expect a quick download.  Most major contests end on those days, and hundreds (in the case of majors) of big logs are being fed to LOTW at once. (Many with 800-1000 q’s in each).

LoTW does good number crunching, but sometimes gets an hour or two behind.

Dale K8TS

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Sunday, December 1, 2019 3:24 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Correcting LoTW Records

As a follow-up I went into ACLog and did a search on 03/12/2018 and got a hit on three records.  I edited those three records to change the date to 03/11/2018 and while they were still displayed I hit “Upload to LoTW”.  The upload was fast but the download took over an hour.  I guess LoTW must be busy today or maybe they are doing maintenance or something.

Anyway, long story short, I confirmed XR0YD and 3C0W.  If TN5R ever uploads his log I’ll probably get those as well.

Thanks for the input and suggestions.  That was pretty slick.

Pat – KZ5J

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Pat Whelton
Sent: Sunday, December 1, 2019 9:34 AM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Correcting LoTW Records

I need some help from a LoTW expert.  I’ve been processing some cards I received from the buro and determined I have three QSOs recorded on the wrong date.  I worked XR0YD, TN5R and 3C0W and recorded the date as 3/12/18.  I’ve determined the date should have been 3/11/18.  I would like to either (1) edit the records in ACLog to the correct date and reupload to LoTW or (2) add these three records to ACLog with the correct date and upload to LoTW.

Which of these two methods would be better or do you have another option?

Thanks.

Pat – KZ5J

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.