Re: CW Keying for IC-7300 using USB

Michael WA7SKG

Those commands are for loading the memory keyer locations. They won't actually "hit the button" as it were to send them over the air.

Sad shortcoming in the firmware. You can do it for Voice Memories, but not CW or RTTY.

Michael WA7SKG

Lawrence Dobranski wrote on 11/6/19 3:36 PM:

Hi,
There is a specific CI-V reference manual for the 7610 on the Icom Japan web site:
http://www.icom.co.jp/world/support/download/manual/pdf/IC-7610_ENG_CI-V_0a.pdf
By my read you can have it send specific ASCII text as CW or use keyer memory locations.  Check out page 13 for memory keyer.
I am not at home to try this....so my read of the manual could be wrong.....
73 DE VA3IQ
Lawrence
On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 2:15 PM Scott Davis via Groups.Io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io <mailto:aol.com@groups.io>> wrote:
Hi Michael,
Good thought but no, the same command that successfully plays the
4th voice memory in SSB does not play the CW memory (or initiate any
action I can tell) when the 7610 is set to CW.
_http://www.n3fjp.com_
/Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general
logging software since 1997./
1 Peter 3 vs 15: /Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone
who asks you to give _the reason for
<http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>the hope that you have
<http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>_. But do this with gentleness and
respect/...