I was afraid of that. Worth a shot, though.

If the software will address an external interface of some kind, that may be the only way to go for CW and RTTY memories.

Michael WA7SKG

Scott Davis via Groups.Io wrote on 11/6/19 11:15 AM:

Hi Michael,
Good thought but no, the same command that successfully plays the 4th voice memory in SSB does not play the CW memory (or initiate any action I can tell) when the 7610 is set to CW.
_http://www.n3fjp.com_
/Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997./
1 Peter 3 vs 15: /Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give _the reason for <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>the hope that you have <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>_. But do this with gentleness and respect/...
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael WA7SKG <wa7skg@wa7skg.com>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Nov 6, 2019 1:48 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] CW Keying for IC-7300 using USB
Just a thought. I am personally unable to test at this time.
If you have an external keypad connected to send memories 1-4, and you
are in SSB mode, pressing button 1 will send Voice Memory 1. If you are
in CW mode, pressing button 1 will send CW Memory 1, and if you are in
RTTY mode, pressing Button 1 will send RTTY Memory 1. Other than the
mode selected, there is no place that says what the button press will
play other than the selected mode.
Considering that, I'm wondering if, using CI-V, you send the command to
play Voice Memory 1 (280001), it may actually play the appropriate
memory based on the mode you are in? Might I suggest, if someone is
able, programming some memory locations with Voice, CW, and maybe RTTY
test transmissions, then programming some macro buttons with the CI-V
commands to play Memory 1, Memory 2, etc. Set the radio to SSB, then
click the Memory 1 macro and see what plays. Set the radio to CW, click
the macro button for Memory 1 again and see what plays. Of course I
would put the radio on a dummy load for this so you don't risk sending
the wrong mode over the air on an inappropriate frequency.
If that doesn't work, or someone is adventurous, is N3FJP capable of
somehow dealing with external equipment, maybe through a serial or USB
port? There are a number of articles on building an interface box,
usually Arduino based, for triggering the memory buttons on the radio.
Might it be possible for N3FJP to somehow communicate with one of these
devices to trigger the memory buttons? Or even just operate some simple
relays?
Just some thoughts on the situation.
Michael WA7SKG