I would imagine any contest you are entering would need the call used on the air as part of the entry file. I don't think this a rare or one-off situation. Logically, that should be an automatic function of the software as it is without the need for customization, especially software we are paying for.

I understand I can fiddle with the "Other" boxes and get the program to provide this information in the ADIF file. That will get me by for now. I still feel, however, this is a shortcoming in the program. I would like to hope future revisions will correct this issue.

Michael WA7SKG

Scott Davis via Groups.Io wrote on 10/20/19 12:10 PM:

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your follow up.  Yes, that's correct.  I' apologize I wasn't cleared in my previous reply.  You would use one of the Other fields for the club call, assigning the ADIF tag you wish for it, so that it exports to your specification requirements.  You can set AC Log to default to the previously entered value (Settings > Other Field Titles) so that you don't have to repeatedly enter the call sign.
More details on customizing AC Log's main entry form, so you have easy access to the fields you are looking for, are here:
How do I choose and customize AC Log's data entry fields? <http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q79>
http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q79
_http://www.n3fjp.com_
/Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997./
1 Peter 3 vs 15: /Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give _the reason for <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>the hope that you have <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>_. But do this with gentleness and respect/...
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael WA7SKG <wa7skg@wa7skg.com>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Oct 20, 2019 2:48 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Callsigns in ADIF file
Sorry, you are still not understanding me. I'm not disputing the
inclusion of the OPERATOR callsign. The problem is the CALL used on the
air. That is the one that does not show up in the ADIF file.
Please see the attached picture. See where W7ORE is in the CALL box in
the Common Fields window. I have WA7SKG in the OPERATOR box. Put a
contact in the log with these parameters, then export an ADIF file.
Search that file for W7ORE and you will not find it.
In this case, W7ORE is the call used on the air and the contacts should
be processed for the event under W7ORE. But, W7ORE does not appear in
the ADIF file, so how do they assign credit to W7ORE from this ADIF file?
Michael WA7SKG