Re: Callsigns in ADIF file

Michael WA7SKG

Sorry, you are still not understanding me. I'm not disputing the inclusion of the OPERATOR callsign. The problem is the CALL used on the air. That is the one that does not show up in the ADIF file.

Please see the attached picture. See where W7ORE is in the CALL box in the Common Fields window. I have WA7SKG in the OPERATOR box. Put a contact in the log with these parameters, then export an ADIF file. Search that file for W7ORE and you will not find it.

In this case, W7ORE is the call used on the air and the contacts should be processed for the event under W7ORE. But, W7ORE does not appear in the ADIF file, so how do they assign credit to W7ORE from this ADIF file?

Michael WA7SKG

Scott Davis via Groups.Io wrote on 10/20/19 8:10 AM:

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your follow up.  Here is a sample record I just exported from AC Log, where WA7SKG was entered in the Operator field before logging the QSO.  As you can see, it properly includes the Operator field:
<Call:4>W1AW
<QSO_Date:8>20191020
<Time_On:6>150800
<Band:3>40M
<Comment:66>ARRL HQ OPERATORS CLUB - 225 MAIN ST - NEWINGTON, CT  06111 NEMARC
<N3FJP_COMPUTERNAME:5>Axorr
<Cont:2>NA
<Country:3>USA
<DXCC:3>291
<Cnty:11>CT,Hartford
<CQz:2>05
<Freq:7>146.595
<Gridsquare:6>FN31pr
<ITUz:2>08
<Mode:3>SSB
<Submode:3>USB
<N3FJP_ModeContest:2>PH
<OPERATOR:6>WA7SKG
<TX_PWR:2>50
<Pfx:2>W1
<QSL_Sent:1>N
<QSL_Rcvd:1>N
<RST_Sent:2>59
<RST_Rcvd:2>59
<N3FJP_SPCNum:2>CT
<State:2>CT
<N3FJP_StationID:5>Axorr
<eor>
Additionally, any Other field you use will export in ADIF the field title you assign it, so you have complete flexibility for those fields.
_http://www.n3fjp.com_
/Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997./
1 Peter 3 vs 15: /Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give _the reason for <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>the hope that you have <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>_. But do this with gentleness and respect/...