Re: Callsigns in ADIF file

Michael WA7SKG

Thanks, Scott. However, this this does not address my problem. I am using my club call (W7ORE) on the air. In the setup screen of common fields, I put W7ORE in the CALL box and I put WA7SKG in the operator box. This is not addressed in the documents you referenced. When exporting the ADIF file, a search shows W7ORE does not appear anywhere in the file. Further investigation shows me the same happens for Field Day. Looking at the ADIF file for Field Day with the club call used on the air and multiple positions with multiple operators with over a thousand contacts, the club call (W7ORE) does not appear anywhere in the ADIF file. This also holds true for QSO Parties.

So, when a log is submitted in the case of the on-air call being different from the operator call, the on-air call does not exist in the ADIF file. Therefore, when the ADIF file is automatically processed, the on-air call is nowhere to be found and does not get credit for participating in the contest. It seems to further breakdown to separate entries for each of the operators in the case of multiple operators using the same log.

For me, this presents a problem requiring much editing and jumping through hoops to get the on-air call included in the ADIF file.
I have looked through the N3FJP FAQs and don't find anything addressing the use of club calls.

In the POTA FAQS (https://parksontheair.com/faq/) it does address the use of club calls:
"Q: How do club calls work in POTA?

A: The Trustee (or someone with permission) needs to register the club’s call sign to get its own account in POTA….For the Full Name, please put the name of the club.. (e.g. Anne Arundel ARC).

Once that is established, then you can run the activation as the call sign in the logs for “Station Callsign”, but also, in the “Operator” field, put your own call sign…. That way, both the individual call, AND the club gets credit."

However, the ACLog or other N3FJP software does not seem to have a "Station Callsign" field. It would seem to me that should be a built-in function of the software, especially since there is a block requiring that callsign in the setup page.

Am I misunderstanding something here? Please explain where I am going wrong.

Thanks,
Michael WA7SKG

Scott Davis via Groups.Io wrote on 10/20/19 4:34 AM:

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your e-mail.  Any QSOs you log after placing a value in the operator field will include that value on ADIF export.  More details for configuring AC Log for POTA are here:
How do I configure AC Log for proper ADIF output for WWFF Parks on the Air? <http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q107>
http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q107