Re: ACLog not reading FT-857D CW mode correctly

Scott Davis

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you have run into trouble.  I don't have any Yaesu equipment here myself, but according to reports from other users, the Yaesu Older setting should work with the 857.

The Yaesu Older code is one of the oldest sections of rig interface code in my software, works with a number of older Yaesu rigs and has not changed in years, so something specific to your setup appears to have changed.

The values the rig returns are mapped as follows with the Yaesu Older selection:

case 0:
                strMode = "LSB";
                        break;
                        case 1:
                strMode = "USB";
                            break;
                        case 2:
                    strMode = "CW";
                            break;
                        case 3:
                   strMode = "CW";
                            break;
                        case 4:
                  strMode = "AM";
                            break;
                        case 8:
                  strMode = "FM";
                 break;
                        case 82:
                 strMode = "CW";
                     break;
                        case 83:
                 strMode = "CW";
                 break;
                        case 84:
                 strMode = "AM";
                            break;
                        case 88:
                 strMode = "FM";
                            break;
                  case 10:
                          strMode = "DIG";
                            break;
                   case 12:
                   strMode = "PKT";

I hope this helps!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Sep 19, 2019 6:28 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ACLog not reading FT-857D CW mode correctly

Came across a weird one today. I am thinking a bug. While scanning some CW frequencies on 20 and 40 meters, I noticed ACLog would indicate SSB for the mode while the radio was in CW mode. It was reading the freq correct though. I reloaded the rig interface settings that I had saved, checked them against those listed on the N3FJP web page and they seem correct. I can change the mode on the radio and every mode other than CW displays correctly. When I get the radio back to CW mode, ACLog displays SSB again. I thought maybe my radio is messed up and thought about factory resetting it  . . . . Before doing that, I downloaded Winlog32 and set it up it's rig interface. It reads the freq and mode correctly, including CW mode on the radio. So that leaves ACLog as the possible culprit. I can change the mode setting to be according to freq on N#FJP and that works. But it's easier to have the software read the mode.  I recently upgraded to ver 6.5. I know it used to work correctly with earlier versions . . . But I can't say for sure that is when the behavior started exactly. 

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.