Re: QRZ Error Message

Scott Davis

Hi Guys,

If QRZ times out, it is not necessary to close AC Log to reconnect.  Just close the error message, tab through the call field again with a valid call and AC Log will automatically reconnect.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Sep 17, 2019 4:34 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] QRZ Error Message

Pat,
I never log out of QRZI just “red X” out to close the program.  That way, ACL is always able to bring up the other stations info
Grahame. AD6GE

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io [mailto:N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io] On Behalf Of Pat Whelton
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:00 AM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io

Sorry my tracking is not that detailed.  It’s just frustrating when you’re in a hurry and you want to look up QSL info on a rare one and QRZ won’t give you the address until you log on.  You then log on and figure that’s the end of it but a couple of days later you have to logon again.

Pat - KZ5J

Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 7:55 AM

Good morning Pat.

Have you noticed or can you look back and see how long it was since the previous entry when this happened?  That just might be interesting to know.  I suspect it is something like 12 hours, but I don’t think I’ve ever experienced it twice on one day, so my log wouldn’t show something like that.

Have a GREAT day sir.

Vy73 - Mike - KD5KC.
El Paso, Texas - DM61rt.
SOTA W5T-Texas Association Manager.
NA-SOTA info is at:  http://na-sota.org/

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Pat Whelton
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 6:48 AM

Glad I’m not the only one having problems with QRZ.   My issue is I have to log on to QRZ more often than I would like.  I can understand being forced to logon maybe twice a year but more than that is a pain in the a**.  I’ve been keeping track of it and here is my experience in the last two months:

QRZ Login
=========
8/06/19 – Twice
8/23/19
9/11/19
9/14/19
9/15/19 – Twice

A little much in my opinion.

Also I my subscription is paid up unitl 5/31/2020 and I really don’t use QRZ all that much.

Regards,

Pat - KZ5J

Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 7:30 AM

Morning Paul.

I get the same error.  I am not certain if the computer going to sleep has as much to do with it as the time elapsed since the last QRZ database access.  I get this error early in the morning after sleeping all night, but I sometimes get it after logging the local 80m guys at 5-am, then late in the afternoon making another contact.  It seems if I make several contacts spread through-out the day (like SOTA chasing) that the database is “kept alive” by the periodic use.  The computer often goes to sleep between entries, but the error only appears after a prolonged sleep.  I’ve not bothered to try to time it.

What frustrates me more is this.  I have a computer dedicated to logging and digital.  I’ve told that computer to “Remember”
my credentials for QRZ.  But every now and then it forgets something and I have to manually log into QRZ again.  That doesn’t happen real often.  Not even monthly.  But even once is more than I intended.  I use strange passwords, and I don’t trust password management programs, so when it does this I have to look it up every time.

I’ll leave you with this.  To err is human….. but to really foul things up takes a computer.

Have a SUPER day.

Mike – KD5KC -- El Paso -- Texas.

The canyons are calling, colorful and deep.  But I have promises to keep.
And miles to go still in my Jeep...   And miles to go still in my Jeep...

Big Bend JEEP Rear

ADVENTURE:  The respectful pursuit of trouble.

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Rasp
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 4:10 AM
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] QRZ Error Message

Scott,

Is this error as a result of my computer going to "sleep"

"There was an error accessing the QRZ internet database. Session Timeout."

Or is there some other explanation?

Paul
W4ARK

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.