Bruce,

Check out VSPE. I use this all the time to "port share". Works great on my systems. It allows 4 Apps to share the same COM port.

Mike

On 9/11/2019 2:21 PM, Scott Davis via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Bruce,
Thanks for your e-mail.  Windows won't allow multiple applications to share the same com port.
Why do I get a com port sharing error message? <http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q40>
http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q40
I've not experimented with port sharing software so I don't have any advice to add myself, but others may have some suggestions for you there.
_http://www.n3fjp.com_
/Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997./
1 Peter 3 vs 15: /Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give _the reason for <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>the hope that you have <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>_. But do this with gentleness and respect/...
-----Original Message-----
From: BRUCE THOMPSON <ockmrzr@gmail.com>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Sep 11, 2019 1:04 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ACLog JTDX JTAlert w/ K3
Scott,
I have ACLog, running with JTDX, running with JTAlert, connected to a K3.  The K3 has the upgraded interface/internal soundcard, KIO3B/ KXV3B.
The KIO3B uses a single USB cable to connect the computer (through a virtual COM port, in in my case COM6) to the K3 for Rig Interface and Soundcard functions.  CW keying is done through a WKMini assigned to virtual COM7.
This all works great together, except if I have JTDX running too.  The rig interface functions conflicts with the two programs, JTDX and ACLog, running at the same time.  I get a COM6 conflict error message in ACLog, which I click OK and it allows me to use JTDX and JTAlert with no issues.  However, if I want to switch to CW, I have to close JTDX, JTAlert, ACLog and only restart ACLog, then I have to go into the WinKey set-up and open the WinKey, COM7.
This is cumbersome to say the least.  Is there a way to resolve these conflict issues with the Rig Interface functions and keep all the programs running at the same time?
73 de Bruce, N7TY
Yuma, AZ

Mike, N1JEZ
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"