Re: Operator field in AC Log

Scott Davis

Hi Nickus,

Thanks for your e-mail.  While either is fine in AC Log, some services, such as QRZ will reject the QSO record if it doesn't see a valid call sign in the Operator field (even though it will accept it fine if there is no value at all in that field).

From: Nickus de Vos <nickus.zr6jn@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Sep 10, 2019 3:02 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Operator field in AC Log

Hi all
I never really took notice of this until now. AC Log fills the operator field with my call sign but I’ve noticed one of the digital mode programs I recently started using fills the operator field with my name if importing the .adif files in to AC Log.

Is this just a personal preference thing or is there actually a right and wrong way, what must be in that operator field?
Nickus - ZR6JN - KG44DD

TeLL: 082 389 9477