Re: LOTW, ACL and Hiram Percy Maxim

Mike Olbrisch

This is interesting indeed.  I have not operated from VE, XE, KL7 or KH6.  But I have operated from DL, HB9, HB0, OE and OK.  CEPT requires that the country of operation prefix your own call, so I have thousands of QSOs logged as DL/KD5KC for example.

In the several trips over, and the ensuing LoTW uploads and downloads, not once has this failed.  The only point I can make from my observance is that a greater number of North American stations participate in LoTW than do European stations.

The only thing I can tell you about AC-Log is that your OWN CALL block on the LoTW page of AC-Log must match the call you are trying to download.

For example, if I want to download or check conformations using AC-Log, having KD5KC will only bring down my USA QSOs and confirmations.  If I want the German confirmations, that block must be DL/KD5KC.  And if I want the Liechtenstein conformations, it needs to be HB0/KD5KC.

If you are keeping separate logs (as I do), be certain you have the right log opened before you start playing.  Otherwise it gets messy.

Hope this helps.

Mike – KD5KC -- El Paso -- Texas.

Big Bend JEEP Rear

From: <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of "Steve Carter via Groups.Io" <steve@...>
Date: Friday, September 6, 2019 at 8:29 AM
To: "N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io" <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>

That may be, but I suspect it's a problem with TQSL.  I tried again to upload the contacts using the "/150" station location I got from ARRL and nothing happened.  So just on a whim, I uploaded them again using the plain (not "/150") station location and they were accepted again, and this time all came back as being updated.  Perhaps I set it up TQSL wrong.

This is one of those issues that's not worth messing with.  CW activity on HPM is quite low, band conditions still suck, there is a NA Sprint this weekend and I've worked nearly every station signing "/150" I can hear.  Thanks for getting back, though.

72's de KØGUZ