Re: LOTW, ACL and Hiram Percy Maxim

Stephen E. Belter

Steve,

Your symptoms sound like a gotcha that bites me whenever I rove outside of the 48 states.  You won’t see confirmations in ACLog, even though they are confirmed in LoTW, unless you put your call *with suffix* in the box labeled Own Call (optional) as shown in the attached picture.

I may not understand how this is supposed to work, but if you uploaded and signed the file with suffix like /KL7 or /150, the Own Call is *not* optional.  My call is N9IP, but when I rove from Alaska or Canada, my certifications from LoTW are for N9IP/VY1, N9IP/VE6, N9IP/VE7, or N9IP/KL7.  The screen shot shows N9IP/KL7.

Good luck!

73, Steve N9IP

-- 

Steve Belter, seb@...

From: <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of "Steve Carter via Groups.Io" <steve@...>
Reply-To: "N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io" <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Date: Friday, September 6, 2019 at 8:29 AM
To: "N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io" <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] LOTW, ACL and Hiram Percy Maxim

That may be, but I suspect it's a problem with TQSL.  I tried again to upload the contacts using the "/150" station location I got from ARRL and nothing happened.  So just on a whim, I uploaded them again using the plain (not "/150") station location and they were accepted again, and this time all came back as being updated.  Perhaps I set it up TQSL wrong.

This is one of those issues that's not worth messing with.  CW activity on HPM is quite low, band conditions still suck, there is a NA Sprint this weekend and I've worked nearly every station signing "/150" I can hear.  Thanks for getting back, though.

72's de KØGUZ

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.