Re: Please Test Hiram Percy Maxim Contest Log 1.0!

Joseph Miller

Hi Scott and the rest of list,

I just gave it a quick run through and it looks very good. Tried logging difference scenarios, and the W1AW/150 correctly scores at 3 points, as does "anycall/150" scores at 2 points, and "anycall" without the 150 scores as 1 point.

One operating tip, if KJ8O is logged without the "/150" and you go back and edit the entry, the contact will not rescore. Better to just delete the entry and start over as "KJ8O/150".

All the bonus points are added by the ARRL when files are uploaded, something to be aware of.

As usual, another great job Scott. I think it's ready.

Vy 73 de Joe

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 8:26 AM Scott Davis via Groups.Io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi All,

Has anyone had the chance to at least download this program and give it a quick look?

I think it is fine, but I would sure appreciate a quick sanity check before I put the announcement out on the main list.  Just knowing it installs properly on your system is useful.

Thanks in advance!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Davis via Groups.Io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io>
To: n3fjpsoftwareusers <n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Jul 20, 2019 2:34 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Please Test Hiram Percy Maxim Contest Log 1.0!

Hi All,

With short notice and a very full plate, I didn't think I was going to be be able to create a program for ARRL's Hiram Percy Maxim celebration next month, but given the very good rule set, large number of enthusiastic user requests and a bit of schedule rework, I was able to find a way!

If you are not familiar with ARRL's Hiram Percy Maxim celebration, all the rules and details are here:

As most of you know., I've never created a program for a single, non recurring event before, simply because the time investment is too large.  I've made an exception this time, because this is a really nice, simple rule set with the very popular Field Day style exchange (just replace class with RST), that has the added plus in schedule flexibility of running for 9 days!  Hiram Percy Maxim celebration sure looks like a well designed event that will be a lot of fun for us all!  

Given the e-mail I've been receiving, others are really excited too!  In fact, if Hiram Percy Maxim celebration is received as strongly as it appears it may, my hope is that ARRL may decide to make it an annual event.

Before I send out the announcement on the main list, would you please give my Hiram Percy Maxim Contest Log a good test and let me know how you make out.  You will find the software here:

By the way, with the very short notice, there simply isn't time to get all package users their password for Hiram Percy Maxim Contest Log, so I have decided to make it free for everyone. 

Please give the software a test now and let me know how you make out as soon as you can!

Thanks so much for your help.  I really appreciate it!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

--
***  Avoid internet congestion, real radio uses airwaves.  ***

Joe Miller, KJ8O
Desert Hot Springs, CA
Locator DM13sw

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.