As we are kind of loose with our schedules and availability, it will be important to know what band and mode the other stations are using so we don't end up with two stations on the same band/mode at the same time.

Thanks,
Michael WA7SKG

Scott Davis via Groups.Io wrote on 6/19/19 10:52 AM:

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your e-mail.  The most likely cause is that your Windows / Internet protection software is clamping down on the connection attempt.  Giving the client the proper permissions to be able to connect in your protection software will likely do the trick.
Lots more details are here:
http://www.n3fjp.com/help/networkinghelp.html
_http://www.n3fjp.com_
/Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997./
1 Peter 3 vs 15: /Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give _the reason for <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>the hope that you have <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>_. But do this with gentleness and respect/...
-----Original Message-----
From: Michael WA7SKG <wa7skg@wa7skg.com>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Jun 19, 2019 5:59 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Band Status and Chat Function
Getting ready for FD, I finally got another computer to test networking with. I followed the various directions and both computers are using the database and contacts are showing up on the other computer appropriately. Dupe checking is working. The only thing that isn't working right now is the Band Status and Chat Function. On the primary computer hosting the database, it shows up in the Band Status Grid properly. The other computer does not show up in either grid. On the other computer, nothing shows at all in the grid. I have checked Enable Status/Chat Functions on both machines. The status on the primary computer says "Connected to computer". On the other machine, the status says "Attempting to connect to computer". I am using File Share, not TCP.
Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?
tnx es 73,
Michael WA7SKG