Re: Running out of time. Hoping for a solution before Field Day 2019

John Huber

If the device manager shows the cable on COM5, and the RT Systems programming software connects on COM5, then I think you should use COM5 in N3FJP software too! 

Remember, ONLY 1 application can connect to the com port at a time (without extra port sharing software and that opens a can of worms I don’t recommend).

73 & GL at FD,

John / N8FYL

Sent: Monday, June 17, 2019 11:34
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Running out of time. Hoping for a solution before Field Day 2019

Based on recommendations I read on this forum, I purchased an RT Systems USB-63 control cable to use with N3FJP's Field Day Contest Log 6.0 and my Yaesu FT-450D. I installed the proper driver and the device manager shows the USB-63 Radio Cable is at (COM5) I ran the RT Systems programming software and it successfully connects with the 450D so I'm fairly sure everything is installed correctly.

COM4 is assigned to Intel(R) Active Management Technology - SOL whatever that means so I chose the only remaining port COM 3

I've tried every conceivable combination of parameters without success. If anyone is using at FT-450D and the N3FJP Field Day software with RT Systems USB-63, I'd sure like to hear about it! I hope I didn't waste a bunch of money for nothing

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.