Re: My 45 day trial has expired

Kenneth W. Campbell

On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 03:57 PM, Frank MacKenzie-Lamb wrote:

Why does it seem it’s always the new Icoms that give people trouble?

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of John Shinall via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, June 8, 2019 3:27 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] My 45 day trial has expired

Everyone has good things to say about Scott's logging software so I was looking forward to running it when my new IC-7300 arrived.

I immediately loaded Scott's software onto my Dell Inspiron and began reading all the "how-to's" and watching all the Youtube videos. I finally thought I had the installation down and began my first installation, I used I set up the 7300 per K0PIR's screen captures and used the software parameters found on Scott's help page. No joy. And so installation failures continued as I tried different approaches without success.

Last weekend was the low point when the installation attempt not only failed again but all of the USB connections disappeared from my computer losing my keyboard and mouse. I was finally able to restore computer USB ports up and running last night and planned to try another logging install today but my software trial period has expired.

I'm at the end of my rope and am reluctant to spend the money to activate Scott's software since I have not been able to get it running.

Any suggestions?

John, K4YK

I’ve been running Scott’s software on icom rigs for many years. Never had any major problems getting it to run!

--
All the best,
Ken N6PCD