Re: Amature contact log question

Joseph Miller

My pleasure, sir. Hope you like it.

VY 73 de Joe

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019, 6:27 PM Louis Prestwood via Groups.Io <lrprestwood=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Joe, Thanks. Just what I needed. I’ll sign up.

Louis KG5DID

On Jun 3, 2019, at 7:20 PM, Joseph Miller <kj8o.ham@...> wrote:

If you want the full data including county, grid square, etc., then you will want to use the QRZ xdata service. They do charge for the service. Once you pay for a year, you enter your QRZ login ID and password and ACLog fills in the record for you once the call sign is entered.

There are a few more details involved in setting it up, but that is how it works for me. Hope this helps.

73 de Joe KJ8O

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019, 4:55 PM lrprestwood via Groups.Io <lrprestwood=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am big fan of the contact log but I have my hands full trying to manage the contact, get it in the log and look up my contacts call sign on the web. Can I configure the log to download the contact name, state, county, etc after I enter the call sign? I am currently using the free downloadable database.