Re: ACLog 2.5 Beta Bug Report Status

Scott Davis

Hi Ed,

Good, thanks for the update.  Changing the allowed time window is easy and it looks like it will be a good way to go, but I'm not clear as to why the time doesn't match exactly.

For example, you and I make a contact.  I log it as 11:10 and you log it as 11:15.  We both upload our logs to LoTW.  Since the times are within 30 minutes LoTW show confirmations for the QSO.

If I understand how LoTW is working (and I'm not at all sure that I do), the contact time that you uploaded will continue to say 11:15 in your LoTW database and 11:10 in my LoTW database.  Theoretically, the contacts you download from LoTW will have the exact same time as originally uploaded and there shouldn't be any variance at all.

Again, making the change is no problem but I would like to have a better understanding of what is happening.

73,

Scott, N3FJP
snkdavis@...
www.n3fjp.com

Serving the Amateur Radio Community with general logging and contesting software since 1997.

In a message dated 11/11/03 11:06:38 AM Eastern Standard Time, kg4qmi@... writes:

Scott,

Dave may have hit on what happened. When I d/l the LoTW log, I wound up with 1 new entry in my log. It was a duplicate of another entry. I can't swear to it but there was almost certainly a difference in time, probably even more than the 30 min. allowed by LoTW. The new entry was marked with "L" in the S/R confirmed by columns and the original was ignored. So, here's the question. How does ACL handle that situation? If ACL does not find a match in my log under the criteria set forth, will it actually insert that as a new entry in my log? It would appear so. If it does, thats not necessarily a problem, I just need to make a few mental notes each time I do a d/l.

Ed.

------------------------------------
Edward Leicester
Reg. 1 Director