Re: LoTW updates failing

Larry Banks

And according to what I am seeing, it’s not just ACLog that is having problems but other loggers as well.

Larry / W1DYJ

Sent: Monday, October 15, 2018 14:36
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] LoTW updates failing

Hi John,

AC Log is currently distributed with .NET 4.0, which handles the underlying download connection.  My understanding is 4.0 should be fine.  Still, I just tried running with .Net 4.5 but received the same result

By the way, I also attempted to access the server by taking the download URL my software creates and pasting it directly in Chrome and Edge (Windows 10).  This test took AC Log out of the equation entirely.  Interestingly, both browsers also failed, but my son tried from his Linux VM machine and was able to access the file.

So, it appears the ARRL site is relying on security protocols not support in the current Windows versions, which dovetails with what we have been seeing today.