Re: LoTW Site Analysis [was LoTW updates failing]

John K9IJ

Looks to me like they're running a very old version of TLS and need to support more current versions.

Protocols
TLS 1.3    No
TLS 1.2    Yes   <--
TLS 1.1    No
TLS 1.0    No
SSL 3    No
SSL 2    No

Joihn - K9IJ

On 10/15/2018 11:25 AM, Timothy Robnett wrote:
Thanks Scott,  I guess that will keep everyone from clicking on the link ;-)

In studying the output a little bit more since my note - it appears that for users of Windows you need Internet Explorer 11 or greater or the newer Microsoft Edge browser. If you are running Windows XP with IE 6, Vista with IE 7 or Windows 7 with IE 8-10 it will not work.

For those having issues, please check what version of IE is installed by clicking Help -> About. If the version is 10 or less, your computer is out of date and will not work with LoTW and many other sites that are trying to improve their security posture.

kb0phk

--
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced !

k9ij@...
Webmaster, Network Admin, Janitor