Re: PSKExpress and N7YG Digital Engine Updates

Dan Morris

Get well Jeff. I had cataract surgery back in Nov and 3 days later I got a viral infection in that eye. That was no fun at all. It took them a week to figure it out so a month and a half later it finally got better! 

Dan Morris

On Feb 9, 2018, at 10:36 PM, Jeff Steinkamp n7yg@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

I had the flu shot a few months ago.  This is not the flu but a viral infection in my throat.  So I'm sequestered into my house for a few days!!

Jeff K. Steinkamp (N7YG)
Tucson, AZ
Scud Missile Coordinates
N32.2319 W110.8477
On 2/9/2018 07:41, Dale dalecole3502@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] wrote:

Get a shot Jeff!  That crap is KILLING people.  I think we have had 3 here in Michigan, mostly youth. 

Dale K8TS

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Friday, February 9, 2018 12:02 AM
To: RTTY DigitalEngine; N3FJP Software Users Group N3FJP Software Users Group
Subject: [N3FJP_Software_Users] PSKExpress and N7YG Digital Engine Updates

This evening I have released updates to both PSKExpress and N7YG Digital Engine. Hopefully, the FSK logic is corrected so it will work with all interfaces, home-brew or commercial. I was awaiting the receipt of a SDR dongle so I could do some monitoring on this end, but it now looks like it will be a couple of weeks before it gets here. So, I am doing something I haven’t done in the past and releasing this without my final testing. But since we do have the WPX RTTY contest approaching tomorrow evening, I though I’d get this out there and see if the FSK logic is truly fixed.

I have also added an option for Callsign Readback from the N3FJP API. This will be useful for those that are using search and pounce from the cluster. If you enable this option in the N3FJP setup, then anything that is typed into the call sign box in the N3FJP log will echo back to either program so it is available for your macros.

I have added a Cursor Marker that can optionally be displayed in the waterfall at a frequency of you choice. This will be beneficial for those that are operating FSK so you know where the transmit Mark or Space frequency is.

FSK is now a separate mode in the mode selection box. Selecting FSK will set all of the programs parameters to setup up FSK keying back to the radio via your interface. Please make sure you understand how FSK keying is developed in your radio and how to set it up in your commercial interface unit if it supports FSK keying.

I am off work Friday and Saturday if there is something I need to address in a hurry, but keep in mind, I am also a bit under the weather with what appears to be a cold or the flu coming on.

-- 
Jeff K. Steinkamp (N7YG)
Tucson, AZ
Scud Missile Coordinates
N32.2319 W110.8477

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.