Re: NAQP SSB voice recordings

Pat Whelton

Scott.  I am not interested in sending audio in CW mode.  I am also not interested in sending audio in SSB mode.  What I am interested in is recording an entire CW contest in order to be in compliance with recent CQWW rule changes.  Earlier today someone said that if I go to SETtINGS/TRANSMIT/PHONE there is a RECORD button.  I thought great if I go to SEttINGS/TRANSMIT/CW there will be a RECORD button.  But there is none. NADA (i.e.:  there is no button to record the contest). 

In the recent CQWW CW contest I used an external sound card that was built into a thumb drive and the Audacity software to record the contest and therefore be in compliance with the rules.  It was very kludge (sp) but I managed to get the entire contest recorded.  I was just  hoping that your software had something a little better.

Everyone keeps pointing out to me that it is available but I can only find it for SSB and not for CW.   I repeat .... I can find it for SSB but not for CW.

Also I am not interested in coding macros for my keyboard F-Keys.  I have had them coded for several contest seasons now.

All I want to know is .... do you have the ability to record a 48 hour CW contest with your software?

Thanks.

Pat – KZ5J 

Sent: Friday, January 19, 2018 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: [N3FJP_Software_Users] Re: NAQP SSB voice recordings

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your follow up.  No, you aren't overlooking anything.  Most folks rigs won't send wave audio when in CW mode, so there has never been a request for my software to transmit prerecorded CW wave file messages.  Virtually everyone uses a keyer of some sort to send automated CW strings, which are entered as text in the F key strings.  Examples of CW interfaces you can use with my software to send automated CW text are detailed here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/cwschematic.html

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJP_Software_Users
Cc: Scott & Kimberly Davis
Sent: Fri, Jan 19, 2018 2:16 pm

Hi Scott.  I know your software generates CW macros that can be stored in the F-Keys.  I also recently found that you have the “RECORD” feature for SSB (Phone) but you DO NOT HAVE RECORD for CW.  is this something I am overlooking?

Regards,

Pat - KZ5J

Sent: Friday, January 19, 2018 10:37 AM

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your follow up.  My software generates your transmitted CW by the strings you enter into the text entry fields.  More details are here (about half way down the page):

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

From: 'Pat Whelton' pwhelton@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...>
To: N3FJP_Software_Users <mailto:N3FJP_Software_Users@yahoogroups..com>
Sent: Fri, Jan 19, 2018 10:45 am

Hi Scott.  I see where you have “RECORD” available in the “PHONE” settings but when I go to SETTINGS, TRANSMIT, CW I do not see the RECORD feature.  I rarely do phone contests.  Do you have this feature for CW contests?

Pat - KZ5J

Sent: Friday, January 19, 2018 8:07 AM

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Click Settings > Transmit > Phone.  You can even record from the software, though I recommend using a free, full featured program like Audacity for that:  Audacity will allow you to trim any extra space, etc., from your audio recording to keep your audio really tight.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

From: 'Pat Whelton' pwhelton@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...>
To: N3FJP_Software_Users <mailto:N3FJP_Software_Users@yahoogroups..com>
Sent: Fri, Jan 19, 2018 9:02 am
Subject: [N3FJP_Software_Users] Re: NAQP SSB voice recordings

>>>>>I am setting up my voice recordings in preparation for tomorrow's NAQP SSB contest, and am wondering if, like in the CW contest, the software allows me to set up LABELS for the voice recordings?<<<<

Hi Stephen.  I wasn’t aware that you could set up contest recording in ACLog’s contest software.  Where did you find this feature?  I was thinking of suggesting to Scott that he add this feature but if it’s already there I’d like to know where it is and how to set it up.

Regards,

Pat - KZ5J

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.