A Word of Warning

Pat Whelton

If you are planning to work the CQWW CW contest this weekend this is meant to be a helpful suggestion.

1.  Download the software.  Don’t wait until 5:00 this afternoon.  Do it now.

2.  Remove and archive last years database.

3.  Spend 3 hours trying to get your WinKeyer to recognize your comport.  Believe me you will jack with this all morning and then out of the clear blue it will FINALLY start working.  Just hope it doesn’t crap out during the contest.

4.  Luckily our game this weekend is on Monday night so I don’t have to worry about the game.

5.  I have to go to Mass Saturday evening so that’s going to wipe out any JA runs but hopefully I’ll get those tonight.

6.  Buy a compression clamp and install it on your office chair so it won’t keep going up and down.  Clamp that baby down tight.

7.  Spend the rest of Friday morning and Friday afternoon figuring out how to set up Audacity so you will have a recording of the contest (just in case the committee asks for it).

8.  Make double sure WinKeyer and the ACLog contest software haven’t forgotten where and which comm port will be in use this weekend.

9.  Say 10 Hail Mary’s and 5 Our Father’s in support of the lost comm ports.

10.  Good luck to all.

Regards,

Pat - KZ5J