Re: Digital Help

K8TS

Scott;

Thanks for your reply!

If I understand you correctly, in your opinion, you feel that if I was to uninstall WSJT, and JT Alert, and even HRD, and then reinstall only WSJT and JT Alert and follow the API instructions, my troubles might possibly end?  😊

Thank You!

Dale K8TS

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Scott & Kimberly Davis SNKDavis@... [N3FJP_Software_Users]
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 6:41 AM
To: N3FJP_Software_Users@...
Subject: Re: [N3FJP_Software_Users] Digital Help

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you are having so much trouble.  My software doesn't interface with HRD in any way.  M suspicion is that you somehow reconfigured the other packages for HRD, using different ports.  HRD is not required at all, so I suspect if you restore WSJT and JT Alert to defaults and then reconfigure, that will get you going.

73, Scott

N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJP_Software_Users
Sent: Mon, Oct 9, 2017 10:06 pm
Subject: [N3FJP_Software_Users] Digital Help

I have posted in a number of forums that deal directly with the IC 7300.  So this may sound familiar to some.

I want to run FT8.  If I understand all I think I know I understand, WSJT-X, JTAlertX, ACL, and the 7300, should be able to run FT8, and would be the ONLY programs I would need to accomplish that.  I have watched countless You Tube videos, read and re-read Scotts’ instructions on API and Rig Interface, and I am still at what seems to be base one.

The only way I can get everybody to play together is to download HRD and be running it concurrently with the rest.  With HRD running it logs to ACL fine.  Without HRD I can’t get anything to talk to each other and thus end up with “error connecting” and “I/O” errors.  I can not even get WSJT-X to read frequency.

Why I even got involved in HRD is a long story, but has nothing to do with the quality of N3FJP software.  I WANT to use N3FJP but just can’t seem to get it configured right.

Is there anyone out there that can pull me out of this mess?  If need be I would be happy to pass along all the settings on the 7300 and WSJT and anything else that might be needed.  I am at wit’s end.  (and to boot my “free” HRD trial ends day after tomorrow).  Don’t get me wrong, this is something I been trying to change for over a week, but have been unsuccessful in doing.  It is not something I just sat down tonite to try and change.

TIA

Dale K8TS

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.