Digital Help

K8TS

I have posted in a number of forums that deal directly with the IC 7300.  So this may sound familiar to some.

I want to run FT8.  If I understand all I think I know I understand, WSJT-X, JTAlertX, ACL, and the 7300, should be able to run FT8, and would be the ONLY programs I would need to accomplish that.  I have watched countless You Tube videos, read and re-read Scotts’ instructions on API and Rig Interface, and I am still at what seems to be base one.

The only way I can get everybody to play together is to download HRD and be running it concurrently with the rest.  With HRD running it logs to ACL fine.  Without HRD I can’t get anything to talk to each other and thus end up with “error connecting” and “I/O” errors.  I can not even get WSJT-X to read frequency.

Why I even got involved in HRD is a long story, but has nothing to do with the quality of N3FJP software.  I WANT to use N3FJP but just can’t seem to get it configured right.

Is there anyone out there that can pull me out of this mess?  If need be I would be happy to pass along all the settings on the 7300 and WSJT and anything else that might be needed.  I am at wit’s end.  (and to boot my “free” HRD trial ends day after tomorrow).  Don’t get me wrong, this is something I been trying to change for over a week, but have been unsuccessful in doing.  It is not something I just sat down tonite to try and change.

TIA

Dale K8TS

Sent from Mail for Windows 10