From: Paul Hurm paulhurm@... [N3FJP_Software_Users]
To: N3FJP_Software_Users
Sent: Fri, Sep 15, 2017 11:47 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJP_Software_Users] Misleading HRD - N3FJP Advertisement

After reading Scott's email this morning (about 6:20 am EDT) I did a google search and got the same result showing the HRD link.

Just went back into my history and used the link from then and it now does not show the HRD hit.

Earlier I was imagining some HRD employee doing this on his own, the management finding out and firing him for doing so. All imaginary but I now wonder if something like this happened??? Who knows.

Anyhow, I would have been willing to complain to Google with the willingness to try to get HRD banned or at least in some kind of trouble. To me, with the uniqueness of our call signs (1 in the world) , I think you could make an argument similar to trademark infringement even though our calls are not actually a trademark.

Paul, N8OT

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 9:03 AM, 'Larry Banks' larryb.w1dyj@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

I use Chrome – it’s not there for me either.  However, Chrome knows your search history, so it may ignore all but the “real” Scott...

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Friday, September 15, 2017 7:54

That is interesting.  I just tried googling N3FJP software in Safari and Firefox and nothing comes up with HRD.  the first thing I get is the N3FJP website listing and then some “eham” reviews, etc.  Nothing with HRD in there, however, I will be on the lookout and let others know as well.
Maybe they got the word about it and took it off???

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Sep 15, 2017, at 6:25 AM, Scott & Kimberly Davis SNKDavis@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi All,

Just a quick heads up.  Ham Radio Deluxe is running an advertisement with MY N3FJP call in their title, presumably with the hopes of intercepting folks Googling for N3FJP software and directing them to their HRD site instead.

Last evening a prospective customer was interested in trying N3FJP software.  On Googling N3FJP, the first link he was presented listed N3FJP - Ham Radio Deluxe.  After clicking the link, he was taken directly to the Ham Radio Deluxe site.

I am not associated or affiliated with the Ham Radio Deluxe organization in an way.  You will not find my software on their web siteIf you have the opportunity to tell someone about N3FJP Software (for which I am VERY grateful), please be sure to tell them to visit n3fjp.com and not be mislead by HRD's advertisement.

Here is the screen shot the prospective customer sent me:

UserReported.JPG>

Thanks so much for helping to make sure folks looking for N3FJP Software can actually find it!

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...