From: 'Mark D. Fenley Sr.' mdfenley@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...>
To: N3FJP_Software_Users <N3FJP_Software_Users@...>
Sent: Tue, Dec 6, 2016 5:47 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJP_Software_Users] Please Test AC Log 5.8 Beta!

Does rig control have to be enabled for the ph rig control to work?  I can't wait to get home and test this but was curious about the rig control.

Mark
KM4DJO

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 4:53 PM Scott & Kimberly Davis SNKDavis@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

Hi Gang,

AC Log 5.8 Beta is now ready for testing!  I really, really need as many of you testing this new Beta as possible.  Enhancements include:

-  I have removed all references to Windows Media Player (I think) and approached the playing of your recorded sound audio files in an entirely different way.

I have also added the ability to select a sound card for your audio voice wave files to play.  Click Settings > Transmit > Phone Setup and select the sound card of your choice.  Remember, this only affects the sound files on your Phone Setup form.  The rest of the sounds (such as DX, Duplicate, etc.) will still play from your default sound card.

Finally, you will notice on the Phone Setup Form an additional keying option, via rig interface.  So far, only Icoms, Kenwoods and Yaesus have been added.  If you have rig interface enabled, your rig should key while the sound is being played and unkey when it stops, when this option is selected.  If you have a different flavor of rig you would like to see supported, please e-mail the specific transmit and receive commands direct.

Please test this beta.  Even if these audio enhancements don't interest you (or will only interest you in the contesting software), please give this beta a try now!  It is the only way I can determine if the new audio code will be compatible generically.

I also need a great deal of confidence that this is the correct approach before I take on the very large task of retrofitting all the contest software with these enhancements.

To test, just uninstall Amateur Contact Log from Windows Control Panel.  Then install this version:

Click Settings > Transmit > Phone Setup, browse to some audio files on your PC and see how they play from AC Log's main form.

Also, please double check to make sure CW F keys continue to work properly (remember you must be in CW mode for the F keys to be associated with CW).

Please let me know how you make out!