Re: Issues with PA QSO Party

paulhurm

You might also try the mouse pointer option that allows you to  hit the control key and then it displays a set of concentric circles that home in on the pointer. My wife and I both use it on our "normal" PC just due to general eyesight problems.

The control key is easy to find in the corner on a desktop keyboard. Not having a laptop I don't know if the control key is somewhere other than the corner but on a desktop at least it is easy to find just by feel.

Paul, N8OT

On Sat, Nov 5, 2016 at 12:50 PM, Brian n3vn@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

Charlie,
I have experienced similar issues finding the pointer. Particularly on my laptop while operating NPOTA outside in the daylight.
After seeing your email, I thought there could be something available in control panel for pointer settings.
For color there are different pointer schemes in Mouse Properties. I might try Windows Inverted scheme.
There are also some other pointer options available such as trails.
I'm not saying this is the answer to your question, but it did give me some hope towards the issues I have been experiencing.
Thanks
Brian
N3VN

At 11:21 AM 11/5/2016, you wrote:

Scott,
Thanks for the response and suggestions.
I plead guilty to not being very familiar with all the settings available in your apps. 21st century daily life gets far too much in the way of me having fun.
Even though I do not remember the autofill behavior having any significant impact on us we may actually appreciate the setting you suggested.
Regarding the Active Text Box setting, I am afraid that I misspoke when I made that request. I really meant to comment on the pointer, not the cursor. The cursor is not an issue - it blinks. The issue is when you want to change the active text box u sing the mouse. Yes, I know how to sequence through the list using Tab and -Tab (even this does not work correctly), but my automatic reflex is to get where I want to go by left clicking the mouse. It is hard to do that when you lose the pointer. It would be nice if you had a configuration setting for the pointer color under the Colors and Fonts menuitem.
Having been there myself I understand the difficulty of designing multiple use code. The catch is always the fact that you usually don't fully understand all the requirements of writing it correctly and efficiently until you have already gone fairly far down all the possible roads with it. It is painful when you discover all of the 'I should have done's. I feel for you.
Regarding the CW wildcard, we dealt with the problem just as you suggested - by changing the CW F-key setup. As a fixed station that is an insignificant wor karound. But obviously for a mobile it is a little more impactive. Good luck on having time to fix it.

Best regards,
Charlie
KB3CO