Re: LoTW Locations

Dan Morris

I guess I need to get this straight in my mind about LoTW … I have several station locations.  I cannot remember how I did this but I do notice that I have very, very few L’s in my received field.

So, If I want to upload records from when I lived at another location I would highlight all those records and upload to LoTW, correct (of course changing and using the correction station location)?

I’m assuming that it would not matter what station location I have when I get ready to download and I would download ‘All Since’

I hope I explained this correctly.  It could very possible be that I have a whole lot more QSL’s just waiting in LoTW than I think.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

On Nov 2, 2016, at 11:29 AM, 'Stephen E. Belter' seb@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

Scott,

At your request, I installed the beta version of AC Log.

During the installation process, the installer opened a window that appeared to contain configuration information for the installer.  I apologize, but I wasn’t smart enough to do a screen capture so that you could see it.  The installation did run to completion.  (I’m running Windows 7 Professional, if that helps.)

I also installed the latest TQSL.  I am seeing all of my station locations (about 25 of them) in both TQSL and AC Log.

While you’re in the LoTW portion of AC Log, I have a minor request.  Could you change (shorten) the message that is displayed in the scroll box when the user is uploading contacts?  Specifically, the message that states how many contacts were uploaded scrolls off the screen.  Shortening the explanation, or maybe just removing some blank lines, would allow me to see how many contacts were uploaded without having to scroll back through the message.

Not a big deal, but I use that number as a check to make sure I’ve done things correctly.

73, Steve N9IP
--
Steve Belter, seb@...

From: "N3FJP_Software_Users@..." <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> on behalf of "N3FJP_Software_Users@..." <N3FJP_Software_Users@...>
Date: Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 6:57 AM
To: "N3FJP_Software_Users@..." <N3FJP_Software_Users@...>
Subject: Re: [N3FJP_Software_Users] LoTW Locations

Hi All,

I've received another follow up from the LoTW folks.  They are looking at the possibility of restoring their previous Station Location file format, but the direction is not yet determined and it will be a few weeks or more in any event, so I've updated my code in a way that will hopefully accommodate either format.

Would you please uninstall your current version of AC Log from Windows Control Panel and then give this beta version a try:

It will still stay 5.7 on the main form, but the LoTW form will say 1.5.  Renumbering the main form version number is partially contingent on the LoTW folks final direction.

Regardless of which TQSL software version you are running, this version should accommodate either Station Location file format and load it properly.  After you start this beta, please open the LoTW form, click the drop down arrow by Station Location and see if all your station locations are appearing properly.

Please let me know how you make out!

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

I have heard back from the LoTW folks.  They are considering returning to the station location output file format they had been using prior to TQSL 2.3.  If they do, this will be corrected in their next TQSL release.  If they choose to stick with the new format, I will modify my code to read it.  As soon as they decide definitively, we will know how to proceed.  I will let you know when I hear.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

It looks like the LoTW folks modified their station location output format.  I'm on it.