Re: Tuning wipes call

Christopher Scibelli

I'm going to chime in also.  I've always wanted to do everything with a click of the mouse. In some of the contests (Not the big ones like CQWW) I am competitive enough and I have even won a few.  The faster the better.

Best Wishes,

Chris  NU1O

In a message dated 10/31/2016 7:06:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, N3FJP_Software_Users@... writes:

Thanks Scott.

I work 12-hour shifts both day and night running the power grid.  I sit behind a bank of computer monitors, with a 8 ft x 12 ft Jumbo-tron type LED display on the wall giving me the status of the generators and major systems within my control area, and a 25 ft x 75 ft map-board showing all the lines @ 69kv, 115kv, 345kv and 500kv that are within my area and the adjacent utilities.  When something goes out and the action heats up, little things like this make a big difference in the speed at which you can operate the system.

Perhaps contesting is not so critical as running the power grid.  But anything that can speed the use of the software when making 100, 500, 1000 or more contacts can add up to significant time.  I get what he means.

Hope you have a great evening.  I am off to run the grid all night.

Vy73 - Mike - KD5KC.

El Paso, Texas - DM61rt.

W5-SOTA Association Manager.