Re: Tuning wipes call

Christopher Scibelli

I'm going to chime in also.  I've always wanted to do everything with a click of the mouse. In some of the contests (Not the big ones like CQWW) I am competitive enough and I have even won a few.  The faster the better.

Best Wishes,

Chris  NU1O

In a message dated 10/31/2016 7:06:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, N3FJP_Software_Users@... writes:

Thanks Scott.

I work 12-hour shifts both day and night running the power grid.  I sit behind a bank of computer monitors, with a 8 ft x 12 ft Jumbo-tron type LED display on the wall giving me the status of the generators and major systems within my control area, and a 25 ft x 75 ft map-board showing all the lines @ 69kv, 115kv, 345kv and 500kv that are within my area and the adjacent utilities.  When something goes out and the action heats up, little things like this make a big difference in the speed at which you can operate the system.

Perhaps contesting is not so critical as running the power grid.  But anything that can speed the use of the software when making 100, 500, 1000 or more contacts can add up to significant time.  I get what he means.

Hope you have a great evening.  I am off to run the grid all night.

Vy73 - Mike - KD5KC.

El Paso, Texas - DM61rt.

W5-SOTA Association Manager.

NA-SOTA info: http://na-sota.org/

From: N3FJP_Software_Users@... [mailto:N3FJP_Software_Users@...]
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2016 16:33
To: N3FJP_Software_Users@...
Subject: Re: [N3FJP_Software_Users] Tuning wipes call

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I will give it some thought.

73, Scott

N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
From: 'Mike Olbrisch' mike-2007@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...>
To: N3FJP_Software_Users <N3FJP_Software_Users@...>
Sent: Mon, Oct 31, 2016 6:19 pm
Subject: RE: [N3FJP_Software_Users] Tuning wipes call

I actually understand you on this. Especially when looking at the economy of motion, taking your hand off the mouse to hit enter is a wasted motion. Dunno if Scott will/can do that.... and I don't think it would help me at all.... but I get it.

Vy73 - Mike - KD5KC.
El Paso, Texas - DM61rt.
W5-SOTA Association Manager.
NA-SOTA info: http://na-sota.org/

-----Original Message-----
From: N3FJP_Software_Users@... [mailto:N3FJP_Software_Users@...]
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2016 12:09
To: N3FJP_Software_Users@...
Subject: Re: [N3FJP_Software_Users] Tuning wipes call

Yeah, I get that I can hit enter. But if I click on a DX spot with the mouse, and work the station that was filled in, why should I have to let go of the mouse to go back to the keyboard?

--

Mark D. Johns, KØMDJ
Decorah, Iowa USA EN43

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.