Re: AC Log, CW Ops CWT & CQ WPX - Just One More Beta Test Please!

John Huber

Scott and group,

I tested the ACLog 5.6 and CWOpsCWT next-to-last betas yesterday after installing all 3 of the beta releases Monday.  One or more of the 3 installs replaced my Call History file with an empty file, except for the heading line.

Did anybody else have this issue?  

The other enhancements I tried worked as documented: call history (I restored a backup!) check partial, rig control via the API, CW via the API,  log transfer to ACLog via the API.

John / N8FYL

Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 09:19
Subject: Re: [N3FJP_Software_Users] AC Log, CW Ops CWT & CQ WPX - Just One More Beta Test Please!

Hi All,

I received a user request yesterday for the ability to see if the station you are working is an LoTW User when you tab from the Call field.  I thought this was a good idea that I could quickly implement (though not as quickly as I thought) and incorporated it into the 5.6 beta (just uploaded moments ago). 

To enable, go to eLogs > LoTW > ID LoTW Users and enable the ID check box.  LoTW Users will be identified when you tab from the Call field (as well as the already existing DX Spots list).

Please keep testing all the new features.  So far, there haven't been any problem reports, but please keep testing!

As always, thanks for all!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott & Kimberly Davis SNKDavis@... [N3FJP_Software_Users]
To: N3FJP_Software_Users
Sent: Sun, Jun 12, 2016 8:50 am
Subject: [N3FJP_Software_Users] AC Log, CW Ops CWT & CQ WPX - Just One More Beta Test Please!

Hi Gang,

For those of you testing AC Log 5.6, the new features in CW Ops CWT and CQ WPX, please uninstall those versions from Windows Control Panel and then install these versions:

Unless any problems come to light, the above should be the final versions for the next release.

In addition to some tweaks to the DX Spots Activity Graph (you can set it to stay on top and load on start up), I've added one more feature that I would like you to test - the ability to send CW via API.  Please set AC Log for your CW interface as normal.  With either of the two beta contesting programs, click Settings > Transmit CW and select N3FJP > API.  This will enable you to keep multiple contest logs open simultaneously for overlapping contests and send CW from any one of them!

Then please do a quick double check of the History File and other features I listed in my last beta test e-mail (pasted below):

Rig Interface via API

In Amateur Contact Log (either 5.5 or 5.6) , make sure you have rig interface set up properly.  Then start CQ WPX 3.9 (or CW ops CWT), click Settings > Rig Interface and select N3FJP API from the rig list.  Try clicking on DX Spots, etc., and make sure all the rig interface functions you've become accustomed to continue to work properly via the API.

Check Entity Status in Master Log From Contest Log

In WPX 3.9 (or CW Ops CWT), click Settings > API and check the lower check button to Enable Entity Confirmation Check via API.  Enter a call in the Call field for an unconfirmed entity in AC Log and press the space bar to tab. 

If you are running AC Log 5.5, your only alert will be unconfirmed on band and mode.  If you are running AC Log 5.6, the alert options include:

Entity is an All Time New One
Entity is not confirmed on any band or mode
Entity is confirmed, but has not been worked on current band and mode
Entity is confirmed, but is unconfirmed on current band and mode

Transfer QSO Records via API

After the contest, from CQ WPX (or CW Ops CWT), click File > Transfer Via API (requires AC Log 5.6).  This will make it even easier the update your master log after the contest!

Rig Interface - Changing Frequency

I've modified the Frequency Change form, so that it will optionally close on any action.

But I've made changing frequency even easier than that!  Simply type a frequency in the Call field of either program and press enter!

DX Spots Graph

From either AC Log 5.6 or WPX 3.9 (or CW Ops CWT), click View > DX Spots Graph Summary and let the graph run for a while.

Please let me know how you make out!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.