From: N3FJP_Software_Users@... [mailto:N3FJP_Software_Users@...]
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 8:49 AM
To: N3FJP_Software_Users@...
Subject: Re: [N3FJP_Software_Users] Would this be Cool - Check Entity Status in AC Log While Contesting?

Scott, thanks for the explanation.  I did not realize that LoTW confirmations could be downloaded into AC Log from LoTW.  That doesn't, of course, mean that an entity is "confirmed" in DXCC or any other award, only that it is "confirmed" in AC Log.

I think you're onto something very clever with your idea.  I'll be interested in seeing how it develops. In the meantime, I will look into downloading my LoTW confirms onto AC Log.

73, George

On May 18, 2016, at 5:22 AM, Scott & Kimberly Davis SNKDavis@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

Hi George,

Thanks for your thoughts.  In the approach I'm coding, an entity will be considered confirmed if it is marked as confirmed in AC Log on the band and mode queried.  If you don't already have all your records in your AC Log file, you can just click the All Confirmed button under Download on the LoTW form to bring in all your LoTW confirmations.  That still leaves card only confirmations, but you can always export your other log files via ADIF and merge them into AC Log to easily create a master file you can use while contesting.

Implementing the AC Log lookup from the contesting software keeps my plate more than full here, but the API I've coded makes any change to the country field available to any connected application, so anyone with the interest and ambition could simulate what I'm planning with AC Log, using other data sources.