From: N3FJP_Software_Users@... [mailto:N3FJP_Software_Users@...]
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2016 12:34 PM
To: N3FJP_Software_Users@...
Subject: Re: [N3FJP_Software_Users] N3FJP software and Omni-Rig

Rick,
Would WSJT-X and JTAlert work for you?

If so, load those two programs, grab the USB interface, then start ACLog. WSJT-X grabs the band and mode, decodes the call. Then when you log the contact, JTAlert passes the info to ACLog. Works great, no competition for the port.

Bob, N3FM

On May 14, 2016 11:36 AM, "k5gzr@... [N3FJP_Software_Users]" <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

Scot,

Thanks for the status update re: Omni-rig. Sorry to hear it is not on the list.  I think it would solve my problem.  Re Paul's message... You have probably seen my messages about my results with Xport.   To sum it up - not a viable solution.   I want/need to be able to be able to share the CI-V port between WSJT and ACLog because I am using WJST's spotting interface to PSKReporter.  Because of the non-sharing situation, I have to manually put the receive frequency into WSJT.  And... yesterday when I forgot to change it when I switched from 6 meters to 20 meters, I ended up sending a bunch of spots with the wrong band.  It woke up a bunch of people who were watching PSK Reporter for 6 meter spots, until they realized I was sending spots with the wrong band/frequency info.   Again, thanks for the status note.   73, Rick - K5GZR

---In N3FJP_Software_Users@..., <SNKDavis@...> wrote :

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Omnirig isn't currently on the timeline, but in case you missed Paul's remedy on the other thread I've pasted it below: