Re: TelNet not connecting [Contact info for DXSpots.com?]

Mark W

Sometimes I have to switch cluster nodes if one goes down. The same thing happened to me yesterday. It happens.

Mark

K3MRK

From: N3FJP_Software_Users@... [mailto:N3FJP_Software_Users@...]
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2016 1:00 PM
To: N3FJP_Software_Users@...
Subject: Re: [N3FJP_Software_Users] TelNet not connecting [Contact info for DXSpots.com?]

Someone must have done something.  It suddenly began working on both computers very shortly after I sent my note to you.

Thanks!

On Monday, April 11, 2016 12:55 PM, "Scott & Kimberly Davis SNKDavis@... [N3FJP_Software_Users]" <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

Hi All,

Never mind, DXSpots.com just came back up.

73, Scott

N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott & Kimberly Davis SNKDavis@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...>
To: N3FJP_Software_Users <N3FJP_Software_Users@...>
Sent: Mon, Apr 11, 2016 12:51 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJP_Software_Users] TelNet not connecting [Contact info for DXSpots.com?]

Hi Charles,

Thanks for your e-mail.  This FAQ will get you going:

All, does anyone have contact with the DXSpots.com folks, or any insight into when they may have their service back up?  I'm getting lots of questions on this direct and it would be nice if I could provide that info in my reply.

73, Scott

N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
From: s9ss160m@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...>
To: N3FJP_Software_Users <N3FJP_Software_Users@...>
Sent: Mon, Apr 11, 2016 12:35 pm
Subject: [N3FJP_Software_Users] TelNet not connecting

Sometime yesterday, both my computers running ACLOG quit downloading DX spots from TELNET.  When I go to the setup on both, it says "attempting to connect to dxspots.com on port 23."  I have tried clicking out of "enable DX spotting" and trying to connect again, but I get the same response.

My internet connection is working well on other applications, but just for the heck of it, I have tried resetting it.

Any ideas?

Charles - KY4P

ex A22AA, S92SS, SV0LM, A25/KY4P, S9SS  

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.