Re: Staying Connected to DX Spots

Pat Whelton

Hi Chris.  Sorry you are also having a problem staying connected to DXSpots but I’m glad I’m not the only one having this problem.

Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 3:27 PM
Subject: Re: [N3FJP_Software_Users] Staying Connected to DX Spots

Same problem here.  I was hoping somebody had a solution.

73,

Chris  NU1O

In a message dated 4/7/2015 4:06:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, N3FJP_Software_Users@... writes:

I have the same problem but I don't recall it being dependent on the software version - have not been able to figure out why this happens.

73
Mark KN7T
On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 12:54 PM, 'Pat Whelton' pwhelton@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

Hello All.  I recently bought a new PC and placed ACLog back in service.  I’m running v. 5.2 and restored the log from backup.  I ordered new TQSL files from the ARRL and successfully uploaded and downloaded from LoTW.  The new PC is running Windows 7 Pro.  The big problem I’m having now is trying to stay connected to the various Telnet Hosts.  I can stay connected for probably 1/2 an hour and the next time I look at the spotting screen there has been no DX activity for several minutes.  I have to do a cntl-D and reconnect.  This is getting to be a pain the the tookus.  I use to be able to call up ACLog at 6:00 in the morning and remain connected all day until bedtime around 10:00 pm.  I’ve tried different Telnet Hosts VE7CC, DXSPOTS, etc but they all drop me after a short while.

Has anyone recently placed a new system online and experienced this?  What did you do to fix it?

Regards & Best DX,

Pat - KZ5J