Re: Staying Connected to DX Spots

Pat Whelton

Hi Mark.  I’m sorry you have the problem too but I’m glad I’m not going crazy and that someone other than myself has the same problem.  What do you do when it happens?  Do you just reconnect 40-50 times a day?

Pat - KZ5J

Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 3:06 PM
Subject: Re: [N3FJP_Software_Users] Staying Connected to DX Spots

I have the same problem but I don't recall it being dependent on the software version - have not been able to figure out why this happens.

73
Mark KN7T
On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 12:54 PM, 'Pat Whelton' pwhelton@... [N3FJP_Software_Users] <N3FJP_Software_Users@...> wrote:

Hello All.  I recently bought a new PC and placed ACLog back in service.  I’m running v. 5.2 and restored the log from backup.  I ordered new TQSL files from the ARRL and successfully uploaded and downloaded from LoTW.  The new PC is running Windows 7 Pro.  The big problem I’m having now is trying to stay connected to the various Telnet Hosts.  I can stay connected for probably 1/2 an hour and the next time I look at the spotting screen there has been no DX activity for several minutes.  I have to do a cntl-D and reconnect.  This is getting to be a pain the the tookus.  I use to be able to call up ACLog at 6:00 in the morning and remain connected all day until bedtime around 10:00 pm.  I’ve tried different Telnet Hosts VE7CC, DXSPOTS, etc but they all drop me after a short while.

Has anyone recently placed a new system online and experienced this?  What did you do to fix it?

Regards & Best DX,

Pat - KZ5J