Worked All Europe - Logging Sent / Rcvd QTCs?

Pat Whelton

Hi Scott/Kimberly.  It's been several years since I participated in the Worked All Europe Contest but as I remember it back then:

1.  Work stations and log them (the contests I participated in were always CW).

2.  Eventually a station will send QTC?

3.  At this point you look at your log (paper log back then) and determine if you have any QTCs.  In laymen's terms a QTC is log information related to a prior QSO.  If I remember correctly you had to send the "time" "call" and the "serial" number you originally received back to the station that asked for the QTC.  You can send up to 10 QTCs to the requesting station.  You can also send fewer than ten if you have less.  You can even respond "NO QTC" whether you have them or not and move on.

Again I want you to be aware that I haven't worked a WAE contest in years but it's a lot of fun as I recall.  Not sure if they have a SSB contest as all the ones I worked were in CW.  The rules have probably changed over the years.  Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pat - KZ5J

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2015 6:16 AM
Subject: Re: [N3FJP_Software_Users] Worked All Europe - Logging Sent / Rcvd QTCs?

Thanks for your thoughts Chris.  

For me to support Worked All Europe, someone will have to walk me through the QTC process.  I'd sure appreciate it!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJP_Software_Users
Sent: Mon, Mar 16, 2015 2:26 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJP_Software_Users] Worked All Europe - Logging Sent / Rcvd QTCs?

When they ask me for QTC I tell them I'm new to the test and I don't understand it and I really don't understand it.  I'm pretty sure that's the only contest with that feature.
It's a big contest so it would make a nice addition.
I also try to do the Dutch, French and Italian contests. 
Your programs are very intuitive.  N1MM is too complicated but if I were a contestant rather than a DXer I'd have no choice but to learn the program.
Chris  NU1O
In a message dated 3/15/2015 11:56:46 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, N3FJP_Software_Users@... writes:

Hi All,

I've looked at the Worked All Europe rules dozens of times over the years with the hope of supporting this contest.  I always get stymied when I come to the QTC section (Section 7):

I think I understand the concept, that points can be earned by both sending and receiving QTCs, but I've never operated this contest.  I have zero intuitive sense of how the software should behave, or how this actually is conducted during a QSO.

Can someone familiar with Worked All Europe succinctly describe the step by step processes of both sending and receiving QTCs and how you would expect the software to function for each step?

I'd love to support this contest, but I will definitely need some help and education first.

Thanks in advance!

73, Scott
N3FJP
Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.
1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.