ACLog crashing

Gregg Martell

I have an old PC that I used to use in my shack and my wife says I need to get rid of it because it's been sitting around for 6 years, so it must be "junk".  It won't boot but I pulled all the data off the drive.  There's an old copy of ACLog on the drive and I wanted to see if the database had any QSOs that weren't recorded in my current logging program.

So I installed the current version (5.2) on my PC and it crashed on launch with the windows "stopped working" dialog.  Did the uninstall/reinstall routine just in case - same outcome.  For grins and giggles, I downloaded and installed VHF Contest to  see if it was a program or PC specific problem.  On startup I get an Error dialog box with debug into.  Looking at the output it looks it's a graphics or font issue on my PC.

I've included the error info from both programs below.

thanks,

Gregg

ki3g

Win7 Home Premium sp1

AC Log problem details

Problem signature:

  Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

  Problem Signature 01: aclog.exe

  Problem Signature 02: 5.2.0.0

  Problem Signature 03: 549aecfb

  Problem Signature 04: System.Drawing

  Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.18408

  Problem Signature 06: 52311178

  Problem Signature 07: 67f

  Problem Signature 08: 6c

  Problem Signature 09: System.ArgumentException

  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

  Locale ID: 1033

  Additional Information 1: 0a9e

  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

  Additional Information 3: 0a9e

  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

The attachment has a screen shot of the VHF contest log error