Re: AC Log 4.8 Beta - Please Test!!

Pat Whelton

I don't understand Scott.  You bend over backwards and jump through hoops to accommodate some folks that don't know how to use the various DX spotting systems yet something that is basic to a logging program (i.e.: printing labels) you place a very low priority on.  Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  But then that's just me.

Pat - KZ5J

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2014 4:48 PM
Subject: Re: [N3FJP_Software_Users] AC Log 4.8 Beta - Please Test!!

Thanks for your thoughts Pat.  The only reason there is another AC Log revision now is that I have to keep it consistent with the rest of the software and I have to redo the other 61 programs as well for the reasons documented in my recent posts.

Printing is definitely out of the scope for this revision and quite honestly I don't see the opportunity to work on any printing functions for the foreseeable future. I actually need to finish incorporating the DX filter / band map and the upgrades documented in the most recent Field Day release into the rest of the 60 applications.  Then it is back to the additional program requests, but I needed to do the upgrade first, or I would have wound up adding more programs and then immediately having to upgrade them too! 

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJP_Software_Users
Sent: Wed, Aug 6, 2014 5:30 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJP_Software_Users] AC Log 4.8 Beta - Please Test!!

Any progress on the ability to print multiple qsos on a single label?  I've been keeping quite on this because you weren't soliciting updates but you seem to be granting everyone else's wishes so I thought I would throw it out there again.

Regards,

Pat - KZ5J

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2014 3:53 PM
Subject: [N3FJP_Software_Users] AC Log 4.8 Beta - Please Test!!

Hi All,

It's not linked on the website yet since it really needs a good test and user input first, but AC Log 4.8 Beta is ready for you to give it a good workout!  Just uninstall your current 4X version from Windows Control Panel and then install this one:

(You may have to right click and click Save Target As since it is an e-mail link).

As we've been discussing, I've added Telnet filters to including:

- Bands

- SSB or CW

- Ability to only see a spot if the station that posted the spot is in your continent

- Ability to only see a spot if the station that posted the spot is in your country

- Ability to only see spots in the General class portion of the band

- Ability to filter by the numerical value in the posting station's call. Enter 3 4 for example if you only want to see spots posted from stations who have 3 or 4 in their call. (Obviously not a perfect filter for call area)

To implement the filter features, on the DX Spotting Setup form, click More Filters.

You will also notice an optional Login command text box on the DX Spotting Setup form.  Enter SHOW/DX to retrieve recent spots automatically on log in.

While I was at it, I've also added a rudimentary band map feature.  Press Ctrl E to display the band map.  You should be able to click on the spot to tune your rig to the DX Spot.

With the variety of Telnet hosts and user methods, all these features need real world testing and feedback before I remove 4.8 from Beta status.  Please download 4.8 now, give the new features a try and let me know how you make out!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Join N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.