Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2014 3:53 PM
Subject: [N3FJP_Software_Users] AC Log 4.8 Beta - Please Test!!

Hi All,

It's not linked on the website yet since it really needs a good test and user input first, but AC Log 4.8 Beta is ready for you to give it a good workout!  Just uninstall your current 4X version from Windows Control Panel and then install this one:

(You may have to right click and click Save Target As since it is an e-mail link).

As we've been discussing, I've added Telnet filters to including:

- Bands

- SSB or CW

- Ability to only see a spot if the station that posted the spot is in your continent

- Ability to only see a spot if the station that posted the spot is in your country

- Ability to only see spots in the General class portion of the band

- Ability to filter by the numerical value in the posting station's call. Enter 3 4 for example if you only want to see spots posted from stations who have 3 or 4 in their call. (Obviously not a perfect filter for call area)

To implement the filter features, on the DX Spotting Setup form, click More Filters.

You will also notice an optional Login command text box on the DX Spotting Setup form.  Enter SHOW/DX to retrieve recent spots automatically on log in.

While I was at it, I've also added a rudimentary band map feature.  Press Ctrl E to display the band map.  You should be able to click on the spot to tune your rig to the DX Spot.

With the variety of Telnet hosts and user methods, all these features need real world testing and feedback before I remove 4.8 from Beta status.  Please download 4.8 now, give the new features a try and let me know how you make out!