Re: Cabrillo Files

Ken Kent <ka2lim@...>

You should save a header for each of the ARRL VHF Contests some where in (My Doctuments) so you can do a copy and paste in the cabrillo file that you create to send in. I have ask Scott about changing this in years past and his reply is correct as the contest sponser still accepts V2.0 of Cabrillo. But, the robot sends you an email saying it didn't see something because the  header, as written in V2.0, doesen't write it as they want it. Here is an example of what your header should look like. Once you copy and paste it into notebook, put the correct info where it should be and delete out what V2.0 writes. You should save one for each VHF and UHF contest and of course the CQWW VHF is a bit different. If you want other examples that I have created and use, contact me direct and I will send them to you. ( I get no error email from the robot, accepts on the first submission). If you do HF contests, I suggest you do the same thing for them.

Ken
KA2LIM

SEPT VHF CONTEST example:

START-OF-LOG: 2.0
CREATED-BY: N3FJP's VHF Network Log 2.3
ARRL-SECTION: WNY
CONTEST: ARRL-VHF-SEP
CALLSIGN: K2LIM
CATEGORY-OPERATOR:MULTI-OP
CATEGORY-STATION:PORTABLE
CATEGORY-TRANSMITTER:LIMITED
CATEGORY-POWER:HIGH
CATEGORY-BAND:6M 2M 222 432
CLAIMED-SCORE:
OPERATORS:
CLUB:
NAME:
ADDRESS:
ADDRESS:
ADDRESS: (e-mail)
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX:
SOAPBOX:
QSO:   144 PH 2010-01-23 1914 KA2LIM            FN12   N2GSS             FN22